Help with ZDX 50

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2006, 07:53 AM
Default Help with ZDX 50

I purchased a Kawasaki ZDX 50 in 2004 for my boys, they have since grown out of the training wheels that were supplied and I have removed them. The dealer told me and provided me with a kit to install when they get used to the bike, like a fork raise kit and instructions on how to raise the rear shocks. He also told me there is a baffle or some sort of restrictor at the head to the exhaust that can be removed. Can anyone please provide me with instructions on how to do this, apparently the instructions for this procedure is not included with the manual. What size are the screws that contact the exhaust to the hear? I've tried the kit supplied and nothing fits, I've tried an 8mm and 10mm and they do not fit. Thank you for any assistance.

Marc

Old 08-21-2007, 02:40 AM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Help with ZDX 50

i do this with all of my 4stroke dirtbikes. at the very back of the exhaust where the gasses come out there should be 3 screws (some companies weld theese on) theyre not on very tight, you could use vice grips or even regular pliers to undo them. after they come out pull gently on the thing they were holding on (you may have to jiggle it a little) and it should slide out. the back of your exaust should be hollow and MUCH louder now. but DO NOT EVER DO THIS TO A 2STROKE. it has the opposite effect. rather than improving performance it will destroy it. hope this helps. let me know if you need more advice.

p.s. the instructions for this are not included in anything you buy at a store because the spark arrestor (baffle) helps reduse emissions a smigeon. really, youre not suppoesd to but noone cares.

[IMG]local://upfiles/6880/A78E15F4511F4F7298A2A242A12B8E6F.gif[/IMG]

Old 03-23-2008, 11:26 AM

No disrepect Slaughter king but why would you post this knowing that that bike is a 2 stroke and confuse someone asking for help . That is a good way to get people to not come here asking for help .

I know this is an old post but there are instrcutions in the Owners manual for this bike on how to remove the restrictor plate from the exhaust . It is located where the exhaust enters the head . It is a very small plate that restricts flow . Also , there is a screw adjustment on the throtle assembly on the handlebar . The screw actually limits how far the throttle can be turned based on the screws placement .

Old 03-23-2008, 11:37 AM
1st Gear Member

i didnt know it was a 2-stroke, ive never even heard of a kdx50. hence why i posted a pic of a 4-stroke exhaust.

and the screw on the throttle, is the governer. i think they're out all the way stock, and intended to be turned in due to inexperience of young kids.