Kawasaki Quad's & ATV's Quad (Leisure) & ATV (Working) talk within here.

Upgrades for KFX 90s?

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2012, 12:39 AM
Default Upgrades for KFX 90s?

Howdy,
Wife says I can upgrade the kids 90. so what I want to start with is suspension. I have removed the limiter, it tops out at 30mph, thats why he needs suspension. " Dad, why does it always go BUMP hard when I land after jumps?" preload is all the way up. I have been searching but the inter net sks. any ideas?

Old 12-07-2012, 06:29 PM
Default Kfx 90 upgrades

My son has the kymco version of the kfx 90. Kymco actually makes the kfx 90 and arctic cat 90. So any aftermarket parts for these three makes are interchangeable. With that said at present time I have my sons top speed at 41 mph. With another upgrade in the mail! If you want shoot me an email and I will go over what can be done as well as companies to get the items from.

Old 12-08-2012, 11:34 AM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by 87fierospyder
My son has the kymco version of the kfx 90. Kymco actually makes the kfx 90 and arctic cat 90. So any aftermarket parts for these three makes are interchangeable. With that said at present time I have my sons top speed at 41 mph. With another upgrade in the mail! If you want shoot me an email and I will go over what can be done as well as companies to get the items from.

Thanks for the info and welcome to KF.

Old 12-09-2012, 08:26 PM

update so far the only thing ive seen is dimondjcustoms.com they make a conversion kit but you need to buy a front end from a honda trx300ex. even off ebay your still looking at $1000 for it all. rough, need to win the loto lol

Old 12-19-2012, 01:21 AM

The lt is very similar to the kfx. I am good friends / work for a champion quad builder the first up grade for them is deff the suspention we use works shocks the are on the expensive side but work great.
The order we build the minis is
1.suspention
2. Clutch
3. Exhaust/jets
4. Gearing
5. Tire size

Old 12-19-2012, 09:54 PM

Is the KFX really used in MX? It seems underpowered for serious racing, not to mention undersuspensioned. Is that a word? anyway you know what I mean. Do Kids jump into a higher bracket if they use say a stock 250 or 300? isnt it by age and machine?

Old 12-20-2012, 01:11 AM
Default kfx upgrades

Alright I have taken belt spacer out, CDI upgrade, Two brothers exhaust, 18 tooth front sprocket. Any advice on clutch weights, clutch springs and carb jets?

Old 05-27-2013, 10:52 PM
Default kfx 90 question about front wheel play

late last summer I( bought our kids a 2013 kfx 90 from the dealership
kids love it . I never did have the bike up on the atv lift till the other day.
after cleaning junk out from around the chain and greasing the bike and looking over things.I noticed the front wheels have a slight side to side play in them
no up/down movement . I had my son hold the handlebars and a very slight movement was noted when I try to shake the wheels left and right . the bike is less then a year old and has warranty ..

I called the dealership and asked if it was common to have a little play in these bikes ..as i thought maybe the wheel bearing's are getting bad already ??
the tie rods/ball joints all looks good .

the dealership told me the one in there store now they just checked and there is a slight movement present also so he said it's common to have a little .. i'm wondering if they are telling me the truth or bull****ting me till my warranty runs out and i'm stuck covering repair cost rather then th em flip the bill for warranty work .. can someone have a look at there kids bike and tell me if there is a little side to side movement ?????????? thanks e-mail trevor at tcboudreau@ns.sympatico.ca ps i have a shop manual and it does not say anything other then if movement is excessive to replace what's excessive is a little play ok ???? ps if anyone needs the repair manual for the kfx 90 I'd be happy to e-mail you it for free

Old 05-29-2013, 03:49 PM

sorry, my kids machines have been ridden hard. barely any slop if any, my problem is progressive toe out, as the suspension sags. we have easily 100 miles on them and hundreds of jumps. not a moto machine :-) the wheels are flexing out
I like the Kawi's but would recomend a atv with double a arms unless the kids are really young and you will replace it in 3 yrs