Kawasaki Quad's & ATV's Quad (Leisure) & ATV (Working) talk within here.

Lowering Kit??

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2006, 09:09 AM
Default Lowering Kit??

what kit would u guys use??? or even what kit do you guys use/prefer??? im guna jump it here and there but nothing to major. hope theres somethin out there for me... ic the ones on ebay but they are sayin "not for jumping" so yeah... i duno

Later, Kyle

Old 05-27-2006, 06:55 AM
Knee Dragging Pimp
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Lowering Kit??

what is it that your trying to do ? what type of riding ? if your dune dragging, look into a marvin shaw set up, if your tt racing on the asphault look into a roll design suspension with some shocks that are set up for the lowered stance, but really. it all depends on what and why.

Old 05-27-2006, 10:16 AM

im lookin at mainly agressive trail riding. better handling on turns... wont have to worry too much about jumpin even tho i dont really jump it alot. you have any sites that i can look into?

Old 05-27-2006, 10:29 AM
Knee Dragging Pimp
1st Gear Member

a good trail bike is set up with some desent shock travel, depending on the trails, a little wider. dont lower the quad for trails, youll defeat the purpose of the suspension.

start with how wide you want it to be and go from there. get a good set of a arms like lonestars, roll designs, quicksand racing.

then the next big factor is your shocks, front works shocks will run you a good 300 for the basic set up, and up to 1000 for all the bells and whistles. the rear can be revalved and resprung for your weight for about 250. if you want to go all out and spend a few grand on just shocks, look at elkas or axis.

just by making the quad handle, youll be surprised at how much power it has because you can put the power it has down and control it.

so, let me know what you want and ill link you to some goods.

Old 07-15-2006, 01:58 AM

my friend bought a "cool" durablue lowering kit for his predator... two weeks later he bought a new swingarm, rear shock, axle, sprocket, and rotor.... hit a rock 4th pinned on a trail, you would be surprised how much you need every inch of your already crappy ground clearance, go with the a-arms, you can bargain shop and find decent set for around 450, it might seem like alot up front, but my friends 2000 dollar bill for a 160 dollar lowering kit for sure kept me away from them, but mabey trails dont have rocks where you live i dunno