Kawasaki Quad's & ATV's Quad (Leisure) & ATV (Working) talk within here.

HELP Driveshaft Oil Seal

Old 07-28-2006, 03:42 PM
Default HELP Driveshaft Oil Seal

I need suggestions please! I have a 96 kaw bayou 220 The oil seal on the driveshaft went out. I have orderd the seal several times and the replacement does not fit. The part numbers are correct and the atv is all original. I was told that it is the same part # on all 220s regardless of year. the replacement is too small on outside diameter and to large on inside D. I was wondering if anyone else has had this prob. if not any suggestions - i thought about ordering seals from atvs one size larger and smaller to see if they might fit. thanks

Old 07-31-2006, 07:16 AM
Super Moderator
1st Gear Member
Default RE: HELP Driveshaft Oil Seal

Welcome to the forums...

I didn't think they made a 220 bayou in 1996..... Anyway, sometimes the manufacturers produce a late model or early model ride, and the parts might be different. So try to go down a year or up a year, and see if you get the right seal. Also, if you have a seal shop there, they can measure your old seal and match you a brand new up tto it. I have had to do that before.

Gl man..... Enjoy your stay..

Old 07-31-2006, 07:24 PM

Yeah apparently they did - my origin of Veh Cert says 2/13/96 - model(KLF220-A9) maybe this is why im having a difficult time. thanks for your suggestion i think i will order seals from other size atvs and hope for the best.

Old 08-01-2006, 06:34 AM
Super Moderator
1st Gear Member

ya, that's too wierd. Is the 220 a US model? Seems kind of wierd, especially with cert of origin. They did not seem to make a 220 in 96 or 95... The start of the 220 was in 1998, and then it was an A6 model, and not an A9...

I am guessing that thing was built for overseas and ended up here somehow. I am not real sure which parts would interchange with it. If you had a good parts guy in your dealership, then they could do some work and figure it out for ya...

GL man.... Let us know what happens...

Old 08-01-2006, 02:52 PM

I did some searching for this prob. and it seems they used the same part (#) on several sizes and several years. I have orderd Seals for a Bayou 300 (w/ diff part #s)- to see if theyll match - im crossing my fingers. As far as a dealership goes - lol they dont seem to care wether i get one or not - so im gonna hafta find one myself. Thanks

Old 08-02-2006, 07:38 AM
Super Moderator
1st Gear Member

You are sure welcome.... Not much help tho'..lol

If your dealer can't get you one matched up, or the 300 seals are wrong, send me your old seal, and I can get one matched up for ya. I have a couple of real good parts guys, and a seal and bearing shop that's awesome here..

Let us know bro'.....

Old 08-04-2006, 11:20 PM

I got the 300 seals today - not the right size. If your still willing, I'll send it to ya and maybe youd have better luck. Send me your info @rockvillelake@sbcglobal.net and i'll get it to you asap.
Thanks

Old 08-05-2006, 09:17 PM
Super Moderator
1st Gear Member

Ya, no probs man.... Chu got mail.

Old 08-12-2006, 04:28 AM

did yas get em?

Old 08-12-2006, 05:58 AM
Super Moderator
1st Gear Member

Yup, got the seals today bro..... You got mail.

Shouldn't be too hard to match...As soon as I get the new seal, I will let you know man...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: HELP Driveshaft Oil Seal