Kawasaki Quad's & ATV's Quad (Leisure) & ATV (Working) talk within here.

Brute force problems

Old 11-12-2006, 07:52 AM
Default Brute force problems

Gotta go on line and complain, and see if i am the only one with big complaints. My 05 brute force has to go in the shop every month. I swear! I have had to have both rear axel/joints replaced, because they broke, on separate occasions (warranteed). I have had the engine "warranty" overhauled, because of using oil and low compression, with less than 50 hours. The problem, dirt in the engine. Now I had to pay for having the carbuerators overhauled, because they would not warranty cover, once again, dirt causing carburator failure. Plus other constant equipment failures, or recalls. And they will not warranty the camo body, where most of the bolt anchor tabs, have broken off.

Everyone must know by now, that the air cleaning system on this machine is really poor. If you drive in any water, it will often and eventually splash up into the air intakes and get into thru the filter and into the carbuerator. Water with dirt, etc. in the engine. Bad!! Also if you drive on dirt tracks, especially with dusty conditions, after only a short while you will have dirt get thru the filter, and into the carbs and engine. Carbs will have the plungers freeze up, and then break the diaphragms in them. Labor for this is $600.00 alone, plus 250.00 in parts. Or, they will probably say you have to replace the carbs, at a price of $1200.00. Daily if you are in the dirt or wet conditions with your ATV, you must clean your filters, or also use KN filter spray.

So, tell me. Is anyone else having often and big problems with their Brute force?

Old 11-13-2006, 10:52 PM
Default RE: Brute force problems

I have had my Bf750 for almost 2 years (80 hours running time) now and don't have any of the problems that you mentioned. I use tacky filter oil to saturate the filter element and make sure no water/dirt gets inside the egine. I just avoid those places whenever I can. The only thing I broke on my quad was the steering tie rod that got bent when I hit something but that was my fault. Fabricate or buy a dirt deflector kit that goes behind the front wheels so that no water/dirt gets into the intake system. That will help your problem.

Old 11-18-2006, 11:56 PM

I've had my bike for two years and I have about 140 hours on it. It is a 2006 and I have driven it in every condition there is from sand dunes to mud swamps to plowing snow andnever had this problem. knot2wise (just a play on words)

Old 11-20-2006, 07:35 AM

When something physically breaks in halves, into 2 pieces or more, it is usually due to an impact or prolonged fatigue which is acutally repeated impacts. Things just don't break by themselves. When rider does not realize the impact or fatigue, one might think things just break.