Kawasaki Quad's & ATV's Quad (Leisure) & ATV (Working) talk within here.

2006 BF650 Blown Engine???

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2010, 05:23 AM
Default 2006 BF650 Blown Engine???

if anyone can help me out with this i would greatly appreciate it. i am new to this whole forum thing but i wanted to get some other opinions. i have a 2006 brute force 650 that i bought brand new it has less than 75 hours on it. i keep very good care of it and really only use it during deer season. about a week ago i was riding the bike around my hunting land and i felt the engine getting very hot so i stopped the bike and the engine killed. i turned it off and let it cool down for a while then started back up and started heading back towards the camp but after about a mile of driving, the engine got hot and killed on me again so i tried started the bike again and couldn't get it to turn over. i let it sit for a while and it finally started back up again so i hauled butt out of the woods and drove it straight up on the trailer. while it was on the trailer i started looking at a coulpe things and noticed the fan was not kicking on. i started looking deeper into the bike and noticed that the radiator hose had come off the radiator and all of the coolant leaked out. now the engine smokes really bad and the hose that shoots a mist oil on the air filter now just pours oil out of it into the carburetors. the only way the hose on the radiator could have come off is if it was not tightened from the factory, like i said i do use it in the woods but the bike stays on the 4 wheeler trails which are clear of any sticks or debris that could possibly have knocked the hose off. the last people to touch the bike beside a basic oil change which i did myself was he kawasaki dealership when i brought the bike in for its 1st check up a month or 2 after i bought it and i doubt they flushed the coolant. so any ideas on how bad the bike coould be damaged from the over heating? i'm thinking either a hole in the piston or a ring problem. could it be possible that the hose was not tightened from the factory which caused all the fluid to run out which screwed up the engine? if that could be the case then should i bring it to kawasaki and try and get them to fix it?

i would greatly appreciate any help or advice with this

Thanks

Old 05-24-2010, 03:30 AM
1st Gear Member

Since its an 06 its probably out of warranty, you can fight with Kawi all day but I doubt they will do anything. As far as the motor, theinternals could be damaged but I would focus on what you can see first. get your oil problem fixed first and see if the smoking clears up, if not you may be in for a rebuild. Let us know how it turns out.

Welcome to KF!