Kawasaki Mule Discuss the multi purpose Mule within.

tom

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2016, 09:16 PM
Default tom

I have a 2012 Kawasaki mule 4010 4X4 diesel. I got high centered yesterday and in the process of shifting forward to reverse a few times I lost all locomotion power. the engine runs and sounds fine just no go power. its the same in high, low and reverse. any help is appreciated. I was in a small stream about 10 to 12" deep

Old 03-10-2016, 03:28 PM

I don't have a definite answer for you but I would get down and check all your linkages. Sounds like something just came disconnected. Good luck.
kawaal

Old 03-12-2016, 01:57 PM

i let the machine sit for 3 days with no activity and it seems to b working fine now. could something have gotten wet and been slipping? if so would that b normal?

Old 03-21-2016, 12:18 AM
1st Gear Member

Hi,
Get Your Service manual Out and Check the " Torque Converter Belt
Maintenance Section " ...
Also Check the drain plug is in place on the bottom of the converter Cover.
also Check the " Torque Converter Air Filter / Housing / hoses "
One more , The pipe coming out of the Rear Converter Housing going Over the tranny Pointing Toward the Engine .
Oh !!! Check The Engine Air Filter , The Housing , The / ALL HOSES GOING TO THE ENGINE !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Check FOR cracks in the HOSES $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
Take Off The First Cover and Check for Sand Or Any Thing Else !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Wash Out with Clear Water ( No Soap , Chemicals Or " Belt Grip !!!!!!!!!! ) Compressed Air Dry ....

OH! If This Happens Again ,,, STOP!!! the Engine , Pull Your self Out , to dry land , Take out the plug on the Bottom of the
" Converter Housing , Pull out the Converter Air Filter , (((( Also Check the ENGINE AIR FILTER TOO!!! )))
Restart The Engine , Let It IDLE _ 3 To _ 5 Minutes In Neutral , ( This Will Dry Out The Drive Belt ) Put Everthing Back Together ,
Use Low Range To further help dry the belt ).

You Said That you got yourself " High Centered ? " Need To Check The Drive Shafts, Center Support bearing ,, Make sure That These Items
Did Not Get Bent OR Pushed UP AGAINST The FLOOR BOARDS...... Take Off The Cover , And Grease The DriveLine Center Support Bearing ..
( See Your Service Manual ) .
Hope This Helps ,
Later,
Mark K.
P . S. Carry A Spare Belt And The Service Manual ,, Just Saiing.....

Last edited by CrashWrench4010; 03-21-2016 at 12:57 AM. Reason: had to sign back into
Old 03-22-2016, 03:06 PM

thank you for the info ihave been out of town and not had a chance to check the machine but the way it acted makes me think it was something along those lines. i will have to buy a service manual to follow your instructions. thank you again for taking the time to respond

Old 03-27-2016, 11:57 PM
1st Gear Member

Hey Tom ,
Have you had A chance to find a " Service Manual " For your mule ?

Just check'n in ....
Later,
Mark K.

Old 03-28-2016, 01:15 AM

I would like your source for the manual if you found one. I haven't needed one so far but they would sure be handy to have.
kawaal