Kawasaki Mule Discuss the multi purpose Mule within.

Mule FXT Pro vs FXT Pro LE

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2014, 06:33 PM
Default Mule FXT Pro vs FXT Pro LE

Anyone know the difference between the two other than the Wheels and roof ?
Also any idea of a good price for either one ?

Old 10-22-2014, 01:21 AM

Two more lighter ports in the rear and the LED lights on the front.

For the LE in plan on around 14700 plus tax out the door as a good price (Im in WV)
Good luck

Old 10-22-2014, 11:34 AM

RRMAN, you didn't mention EPS. The LE comes with EPS, but the Mule Pro FXT base model does not. These rigs are quite heavy so EPS is a must if you will be riding off road or on sketchy trails.
I recently bought a camo model; my research indicated that the camo stood up well when going through heavy brush. I have seen Teryx's with the nice paint jobs after going through brush/alders - they don't look so good after a while. After a few days of moose hunting and running rough trails, grown over in alders, I am happy to say that the camo appears to be holding up very well and the EPS is amazing.
That's a little more than you asked about eh? If you already know about the EPS please excuse the intrusion and have a good one!!

Old 10-24-2014, 12:51 AM

Joe55 is correct - you want the ESP. It is a great system and makes getting in and out of tight spots easy. I personally wouldn't even think of buying one with out it.

Old 10-24-2014, 11:09 PM

Originally Posted by Code54
Joe55 is correct - you want the ESP. It is a great system and makes getting in and out of tight spots easy. I personally wouldn't even think of buying one with out it.
. We bit the bullet and got the Green LE . 15,600 out the door including full glass windshield.

Old 10-24-2014, 11:14 PM

We bit the bullet and got the green LE . 15,500 out the door which includes
A full glass windshield. Does that sound reasonable ?

Old 10-25-2014, 12:43 PM

If that included all your taxes that was really good. (Tax here is over $750 alone, another 700 for the windshield so you are floating around 14K for the machine) Around our area it was a fight to get anyone below retail - bunch of dealers would do 15500 +tax + $25 title, + your add on's.
I was told you could not run the glass windshield without the hardtop system - does it seem to work ok? I would have went with the glass one instead of the plastic if I knew that- heck just to be able to get a wiper would be worth it! That will be a really nice machine for you! Congrats!

Old 10-26-2014, 03:22 PM

Yes. 15,600 including all taxes and includes a $100 delivery fee due to distance.

Old 10-27-2014, 10:57 AM

RRMAN that sounds like a sweet deal! I am in Canada so I can only dream of prices like the one you paid.
Code54, I have the camo model which does not come with the hard roof. Same base price as the LE; trim level includes the EPS, camo, powerpoints in the back and the LED's. I have the glass windshield and a full soft cab kit - I know the Kawi material indicates this cannot be done, but my dealer has done similar set ups with no issues. I have run my rig over some very rough roads and in heavy brush (over one hundred and fifty miles worth so far) and everything is holding up just fine.
I am waiting for my wiper kit to be installed; hung up on the wire harness for it. I almost went with the poly windshield and a hand wiper - when I told my wife about this, she told me not to be a fool and get the glass with a proper wiper system (no shortage of rain in our area). Yup, she's a keeper.
RRMAN if you run on trails that can be dusty (yeah, like there is any that aren't dusty on dry days) you might want to get an enclosure for the back. Doesn't look like you can get a separate rear soft panel from Kawi yet - hard panel system was so damned expensive I haven't given that a look. Without a back panel the dust will swirl in behind the windshield and cover riders and gear.