Kawasaki Mule Discuss the multi purpose Mule within.

2007 Mule 610 will not start

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2016, 05:20 PM
Default 2007 Mule 610 will not start

I have a 2007 Mule 610. It sat in a garage for about 3 months without being started. When I went to start it, it just turns over. I have done the following:
-Replaced the old fuel
-Replaced the fuel filter
-Replaced the fuel pump
-taken off and cleaned the carburetor
-checked fuel lines for cracks

The engine will start with starter fluid spray but it only runs until it has burned the starter fluid off. I unhooked the fuel line to the carb and when I turn the engine over it pumps fuel out so I know the fuel is making it to the carb. The float and everything in the carb looked good but I cleaned it all out anyway. When I try to start it, it turns over but it never even comes close to starting. I am at a loss. Any ideas no matter how simple would be appreciated. I am not very mechanically inclined so if I left out something simple to check please mention it. I have been relying on different websites and youtube videos to try and resolve the problem.

Thanks!

Old 03-14-2016, 12:13 AM
Default Got it running

It was the carburetor. Everything I found online made me believe it was the pilot jet. Although I had taken the carb apart and cleaned it yesterday it still wouldn't start. Last night before I went to bed I removed the screw on top of the carb that covers the pilot jet. I sprayed carb cleaner into that port and put the screw back on. This morning when I woke up I planned on removing the carb again to rebuild it. I tried to start it first and it finally started. Ran some fuel with seafoam through it while I drove it around my farm today. She is firing right up and running great. I guess the carb cleaner sitting in the pilot jet overnight did the trick.

Old 03-16-2016, 02:59 AM

Thanks for the followup post. Most never get answered.
kawaal

Old 03-21-2016, 01:11 AM
1st Gear Member

Hi <
What Happened is the Gas turned to junk
Recommend Drain the tank, Fill With Fresh Gas and Add "" STABIL Gas Treatment "
( No! , I Am Not Payed To Endorse )
This Will Keep the gas from turning bad !!!!!!!
Oh, " SEA FOAM " Is Great for " Cleaning Stuff " But Does not keep/ Preserve The
GASOLINE ( OR DIESEL FUEL ) From Turning BAD !

Just Saying ,
Later,
Mark K.

Old 10-13-2021, 12:53 AM
CDV
Default Screw on top of carb, is it by the linkage

[
is the by the linkage?=metropig;527929]It was the carburetor. Everything I found online made me believe it was the pilot jet. Although I had taken the carb apart and cleaned it yesterday it still wouldn't start. Last night before I went to bed I removed the screw on top of the carb that covers the pilot jet. I sprayed carb cleaner into that port and put the screw back on. This morning when I woke up I planned on removing the carb again to rebuild it. I tried to start it first and it finally started. Ran some fuel with seafoam through it while I drove it around my farm today. She is firing right up and running great. I guess the carb cleaner sitting in the pilot jet overnight did the trick.[/QUOTE]