Kawasaki Jet Ski's One, Two & Three Passenger Jet Ski talk within here.

KAW TS Shop Manual

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2008, 10:47 PM
RBS
Default KAW TS Shop Manual

This winter, I was given a 1992 TS Jet Ski that is in questionable running condition (I've never heard it run).

As the story went, original owner rebuilt engine and ran it in his yard using garden hose connection...no overheating problems. Sold it.

The new owner took it into the river, rode it for about 15 minutes until it overheated so much that the seat got hot. Shut it off, got towed in, started to disassemble it, but then let it sit in his yard for a couple of years until his wife said, "It's got to go." I got it.

Not sure what got fried, but I figured it must have cristalized the rings if nothing else.

The owner that ran it hot theorized that when the first owner rebuilt the engine, he screwed up the cooling plumbing so that it worked fine while it was in the yard and using pressurized water to cool it, but ran into heating problems when it was being cooled by unpressurized river water. (Not sure about that theory.)

My questions, outside of buying an official Kaw shop manual, what is the best aftermarket manual that will have the most info on rebuilding this engine?

Second, I'm not even sure of the size of the engine. The hull # is KAW45370E292. Are the hull numbers coded like automobiles so you can determine the size of the engine by VINs?

Sorry for being so wordy.....I'll take any suggestions.

RBS