Kawasaki Jet Ski's One, Two & Three Passenger Jet Ski talk within here.

My 2007 Ultra250X Spit white oil all over my engine compartment! Help!

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2009, 10:32 AM
Default My 2007 Ultra250X Spit white oil all over my engine compartment! Help!

I'm sure this problem is more than I can handle and I plan on bringing it to the shop most likely, but for the few days in between, I'd sure like to know what happened...

I'm thinking the problem is related to one of the two things I did when I had it in the garage. a.) and right now I;m thinking most probable, I did a flush on it because of some low speed over heating problems, and may have left the water on for a moment with the engine off....
would this put excess water in the engine? If so, this may have been what happened, but I tested it again after that and it seemed fine.
b.) I took out the secondary waterbox and bypased it similar to the Riva Free Flow exaust option. I just really dont see how this could have caused it... Everything went back in fine and correct... There is still plenty of upward bend in the piping so water cant rush in...
I idled all the way through a huge no wake zone, and everything sounded fine.
It was only untill out into the cove running at half throttle when I noticed excess noise cumming from under the seat, followed by bogging.
So I killed the engine right away, pulled up the seat and could see that there had been an explosion of some kind. Milky oil with a stong smell of fuel all over the engine compartment. Did I blow a gaskett?
I assume what I'm seeing is water oil and fuel mixture... There was a good bit in the engine compartment botom.
Is it possible that leaving the water hose on with the engine off filled the motor with water, into the oil system, and only showed a problem when the oil pressure got high after running mid throttle?
I wanna saw we tested again after the water hose mistake and didnt seem to have any problem clearing out the water from the system, had a good solid idle, revved up just fine...
Your thoughts would be great and if you can email me @ reynoldsroofing@yahoo.com
Thanks