Kawasaki Jet Ski's One, Two & Three Passenger Jet Ski talk within here.

HELP! Water in the crank! COOL photos of a jetski not running!

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2011, 07:35 PM
Default HELP! Water in the crank! COOL photos of a jetski not running!

HELP! Water in the crank! COOL photos of a jetski not running!!!

I have been trying to get this thing running, and haven't been doing so well. I can't wait because I know it'll knock the pants off the TS640 I've been riding. BUT, it hadn't been idling all that well and was doing the 'runaway' thing. So when I looked into things to see if it was a vacuum leak, I found what's in the pictures.

how do I get the crud cleaned out? seafoam?

I thought, from just looking at the plugs that the middle cylinder was running lean.
Guess not.

JBP

Attached Thumbnails HELP! Water in the crank! COOL photos of a jetski not running!-crankcase-fwd-left-b.jpg   HELP! Water in the crank! COOL photos of a jetski not running!-crankcase-middle-cylinder-exhaust.jpg   HELP! Water in the crank! COOL photos of a jetski not running!-head-gasket-fwd-left-b.jpg   HELP! Water in the crank! COOL photos of a jetski not running!-reed-valves-fwd-left-b.jpg   HELP! Water in the crank! COOL photos of a jetski not running!-98-zxi-1100-plugs-b.jpg  

Old 05-02-2011, 01:06 AM

thought:

If the exhaust manifold/heat exchanger were to have a slow leak into the exhaust chamber, would that go into the center cylinder primarily?

Old 05-02-2011, 10:14 PM
1st Gear Member

No idea on the manifold, The best way to clean a block is to have the local machine shop throw it in a vat. make sure all the surfaces are true and put all new seals and gaskets in and you should be fine. Looks like your getting a little more than you barganed for on this wrench job