Kawasaki Jet Ski's One, Two & Three Passenger Jet Ski talk within here.

96 750STS starting problems

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2012, 12:30 AM
Default 96 750STS starting problems

To start the jet ski I have to remove the carb cover and spray starter fluid in carb. But once the engine starts and runs for awhile it starts right up with no starting fluid the rest of the day. I tried using the choke when I first start but it won't fire. Any suggestions, Im told using starter fluid is going to ruin the carbs. Please help!!!

Old 06-28-2012, 01:56 AM

There was a thread on this forum I found but I cant seem to find it now. I had the same problem you are having, i thought it was a priming issue and went and bought a priming bulb but before i put it on i came across the thread mentioned above. I will try and explain it the best I can. Take the flame surpressor cover off the carb. Close the butterfly levers (mine is dual carb) cover the two little holes on the butterfly levers these levers are the choke control. Try to start for about 5 seconds, try again this time pull throttle back about half way. Mine started right up and started the next day as well. It was explained to me in the other thread that pulling the throttle creates vacuum and pulls gas into carb.. Its called venturm effect i think. If i come across the thread i will pos the link. Hope this helps

Old 06-28-2012, 10:28 AM

Thanks for the info, I will try this when I get home today. Thanks again

Old 06-28-2012, 02:05 PM

I found the thread, I also had a problem with my choke throttle not closing al the way. I did the below and everthing was find but after a couple of days it started to not start. I reached down and pulled the lever that the cable was attached to and pulled the choke closed and it stated up after about 5 seconds. I need to adjust my choke cable. By the way I have a 97 750 Xi

08-29-2006, 10:53 PM
meangreenman
Member Join Date: Aug 2006

RE: HARD STARTING

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you install a primer kit, it would inject a raw fuel ONLY, no oil, unless you run pre-mixed oil all the time. However, I don't think it really would hurt the engine since you are just using it to start the eninge. It all depends how much raw fuel is injected by the primer.

The better or more correct way is to fix the problem. Here is what I would do. Synchronize the 3 choke plates, block the hole on the choke plate, make sure choke is held closed when you turn it on, and, most importantly, you need to open the throttle about 1/2 way while cranking. As soon as it pops. Close the choke 1/2 way and WOT and crank it. This is the best technique to use on all cold blooded Kawi skis that have the cold-hard starting problem.
BF750
800 X-2
STX-15F

Old 07-01-2012, 03:30 PM

Took the carbs cover off and put on full choke. Noticed right away the choke plates were not closed all the way. Adjusted the choke cable to make plates fully closed. Hit the start button and engie fired immediately. Yahoooo. Thanks for the input from everyone.