Kawasaki Jet Ski's One, Two & Three Passenger Jet Ski talk within here.

92 650 ts lack of power

Old 07-24-2012, 02:01 AM
Default 92 650 ts lack of power

Hello everyone.
I'm a new member, and this is my first watercraft.

I ran it on Memorial Day weekend for a couple of hours. I took my son and niece out for rides, and it ran great. Then (2) weeks later, I went to take my son out again. It started and idled fine, but when I tried to accelerate, there was no response or power gain. It would move about 2 mph just fine, but no faster. It almost feels like when I suck up seaweed in the intake.

I have added gas treatment, and changed the plugs. Is there a way to back flush it to remove something I might have sucked up?

Nothing makes me happier than to see the smile on my sons face when we ride, but I don't have alot of money and I'm trying to remedy this problem myself. If anyone could give me any guidance or advice, I would greatly,greatly appreciate it!

Old 07-26-2012, 05:10 PM

Hello Mac300 well I am new also and first time I have a 1995 Kawasaki super sports XI and at times mine does the same thing, I have to accelerate slowly then let go then start slowly and takes off fast. Now not sure if this is normal on kawasaki's? Or might need to tune the mixture screws on the carbs the 2 bottom lower ones. Also do you know if your jetski has the original battery in it? Or does it have a lawn mower battery?

Old 07-26-2012, 09:55 PM
1st Gear Member

If the motor revs, but you have no thrust, then it may be a pump problem. Weeds or other debris in the intake grate usually. There is no way to "backflush" the pump. Feel for weeds if on the lake. Look up into the intake grate if it's on a trailer or lift. If the engine won't rev up, then you have a motor problem.

Old 07-31-2012, 12:29 AM

Hello 750kawasaki,
Thanks for the reply. I will try messing with the mixture screws, but it's something I haven't messed with and it was running great a few weeks ago. I did put in a new battery this season. I just bought the same one that was already in it. I'll have to check around to see what the factory battery is supposed to be.

Thanks again.

Old 07-31-2012, 01:03 AM

Hello OldGuy,
I appreciate the reply. The motor does rev up, so I'm glad it's probably not a motor problem. It makes alot of sense that it could be a pump problem. It's running like there's seaweed in the intake, but when I checked it in the water, I felt nothing. I will definitely load it on the trailor so I can check inside the grate area.

Thanks again OldGuy.