Kawasaki Jet Ski's One, Two & Three Passenger Jet Ski talk within here.

750 ss skis

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2010, 04:47 PM
Default 750 ss skis

Hey guys I just picked up an old ski it was sitting out in a field going to waste .It's been sitting in my shed for the winter an I just moved it to the garage. Cleaned it up an pulled the plugs after a few tries the starter engaged an cranked . I was surprised I put some oil in the holes an let it set came back cranked an blew out water oil from the pistons.I was not to happy it was pumping creamy oil out from the cylinder So did a compression check 1 cyl 100 psi second at 115 . so put new plugs in after a bit of messing it started smoked like hell but it ran I was not sure about running it out of water so I have left it there . can it be ran out of water if so how long? an the bottom has an plate with rivets in it must be a repair . what would be good to do with it at this point of restoration. Any an all advise would be great .

Old 04-10-2010, 01:46 AM
1st Gear Member

Yes you can run it out of the water but you need a fresh water hook up, also know as a flush kit. It attaches to the black rubber piece between your exhaust and heads. This circulates water in the cylinder walls to cool the engine. Compress is good. And yes rivets on the ride plate are aftermarket. PS Smoke on a 2 stroke = good. Remember the oil and gas mix at the carb.

The next step it to the lake. Leave it on the trailer and start it up. Make sure water is flowing out the gray petcock on the right side. The more gas you give it the more water will flow out. This is the fresh water cooling system. It picks up water from the prop and pumps it thru the exhaust and the engine cooling it.

The get your vest on and go for it. Stay close to shore or have a buddy with his own ski near by incase you don’t make it.

Nice field find. Keeping another alive.

Old 04-10-2010, 04:24 AM
1st Gear Member

Always nice reviving an old machine, good luck with it and welcome to KF!

Old 04-10-2010, 12:35 PM

thanks I will give it an try soon found a few spots needing fiberglass a tension an a new coat of paint seat repair an a way it goes.

Old 05-13-2010, 04:37 AM
1st Gear Member

i have 2 of the same skies, on both of mine the is a fitting on the top of the head that has a hose that runs to the exhaust. On the side of the fitting there is a plug you can screw out to hook up a hose. I just went to the local hardware store and got a fitting to screw into it with a hose nipple on the other side. Ran a water hose to it and there you go. Before i got the fitting to screw into the one on the head i just got me a long hose and a three way tee. I took the hose off running to the head and exhaust and ran one hose from the tee to the exhaust, one to the head and the other to the water hose. When you are running off the hose you must start it up first and then start the water and shut the water off before you shut the ski off. After you stop the water rev the ski up a couple times to get the water out. Do not run the ski for more than 15 sec with out water running through it. You can tell if there is water running through it by the side of the ski. On the side with the full shut off switch there should be a black rubber fitting if water is coming out of it you have good water flow. let me no if you need any more help, I am new to having skies but i have had boats and stuff before. I have the repair manual for the skies so any questions fill free to ask and i will do my best to find it for you. the manuals cover everything so let me no.

Old 06-11-2012, 01:13 AM

what do i do if there is now water coming out of the petcock on the side