General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

OMG! Pilot Jets.....

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2005, 04:19 AM
Super Moderator
Default OMG! Pilot Jets.....

Well I finally got my baby running. If anyone remembers I had panted my tank and after reassembly the bike would not run. I cleaned the carbs like 3 times thinking I am getting everything. Then low and behold on someone else’s post about there bike not running and when the problem was solved it was pilot jets.
So I figure 1 more try before I take her into the shop. So I tear down the carbs and use 4 cans of carb cleaner, 1 for each carb. Then I check the pilot jets, dam if they were not clogged. Used some stripped speaker wire strands to get the obstructions removed.
So I reassemble her, feeling like I got it this time and she fired right up. Sounding better than ever. I quickly put on the airbox, tank and the tail. Well lets just say the neighbors are pissed. Ha.
I hate getting beat and I am glad I stuck with this one. Well Daddy will be signing up for a track day at Fontana this coming January 22 tonight.

Old 12-31-2005, 04:24 AM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: OMG! Pilot Jets.....

congrats on getting the bike running!! Enjoy that track.

Old 12-31-2005, 05:49 AM
Super Moderator

hey wingman nice job.... you can take the 7 out and i'll hop on mine and we'll go tear up the street of L.A. ......

Old 12-31-2005, 05:57 AM
1st Gear Member

Glad to hear its running. Those pilots are a pain if clogged. I got a Honda Rebel running but not until I had the pilots out twice[:@]

Old 12-31-2005, 06:56 AM
Super Moderator

I forgot the graphics; [sm=badbadbad.gif][sm=bounceybounce.gif][sm=gears.gif][sm=groupwave.gif][sm=happy046.gif][sm=happybounce.gif][sm=icon_guiness.gif][sm=icon_rock.gif][sm=massbounce.gif][sm=lildevil.gif][sm=shades.gif][sm=smiley20.gif][sm=yikesomg.gif]

Yea I am happy. Thanks guys.

MK yea I already pissed off some people here. The bike is loud, one of my cool neighbors came out and gave me a big thumbs up. I was grinning ear to ear.

Old 12-31-2005, 06:25 PM

Heh, NICE!

I can only imagine the the screams of joy coming from that engine after you finally got her fired up.

Congrats bro!

Old 12-31-2005, 08:25 PM
1st Gear Member

Good job on getting your bike fired up there notstock. Now kick some butt on the track and let us know how things go after the track days.

Old 01-01-2006, 02:41 AM
1st Gear Member

Yea, congrats bro... good luck at the track also.

Old 01-01-2006, 11:20 AM
Super Moderator

F- I can't wait, I will deffinantly have some pics to post. Fontana is cool as hell and you get to use the pit stalls.

Old 01-02-2006, 12:08 AM
Super Moderator

dude, when i get down there well have to do some track time....

Quick Reply: OMG! Pilot Jets.....