General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

If you drop bike or change oil and oil pressure light is on **SOLVED**

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2006, 07:05 AM
1st Gear Member
Default If you drop bike or change oil and oil pressure light is on **SOLVED**

Hey guys I just wanted to share this little trick with you that solved my down ed bike problem

It's called Burping and I'm going to quote MadViking.

After you change the oil in your motocycle, it is possible for an air pocket to form that will prevent oil from circulating thoughout the engine. You will know this has happened if your oil warning light is ON and/or the engine is much noisier than usual.

Place a trash bag or rags down underneath the engine. Start the engine and then loosen the oil filter just enough for oil to spray out. I placed a cup directly under the filter and was able to not spill any. Then, recheck your oil level and add as necessary.

I had this happen to me. After changing the oil, I started it and the engine sounded like a diesel. After burping the filter, the engine immediately ran quieter and the oil warning light went OFF.
Thanks for your help before with it

Old 04-21-2006, 07:38 AM
Super Moderator
Default RE: If you drop bike or change oil and oil pressure light is on **SOLVED**

wow learned something new today..... glad your problem is solved....

Old 04-21-2006, 04:20 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: If you drop bike or change oil and oil pressure light is on **SOLVED**

do you have to puy the bike over your shoulder and pat it's seat

Old 04-21-2006, 06:05 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: Notstock

do you have to puy the bike over your shoulder and pat it's seat
lol no way bro.... you don't have to do that.... that's only for babies..... you have to put over your lap and slank her...... oh wait thats what i do to shon.... never mind bro.... your right.... lol lol