General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Air/Fuel Mixture Screw Adjustments

Old 05-11-2006, 01:24 PM
Default RE: Air/Fuel Mixture Screw Adjustments

You guy's are right, I will have to go with the correct jet kit to resolve this lean issue.

Thanks for all your help!

Old 05-13-2006, 02:48 PM

I had checked the plugs after changing them and adjusting the air/fuel screws to about 1.9 turns out. I only drove the bike about 90 miles. Is this enough diving to tell? The plugs were the origional plugs that were a nice tan color when they were removed from the bike, after I first got it.

Now the plugs are a brown color, but maybe a little too much (not sure, I'll drive it a bit more). I don't see any carbon deposits on the plugs, but the porcelan is darker brown. Is this a problem? Too rich now, maybe? And will that cause a problem?

I know that buying a Dynojet kit would be the solution, but taking a look at the kit's itself, I notice that they don't offer a pilot jet with these kits. They do have something for the airjet though. I called Dynojet about the Cal. kit vs. Non because I have (2) sets of carbs., and I also asked them why they don't change the pilot and they said that they control that by the air/fuel mixture adjustment. With my plugs not being white anymore, I think It will be 'OK' now (hopefully).

Another thing I just did, I'v been using the stock airbox with the screen removed. Since the plugs are brown, will putting the screen back it make it run a little 'Richer' or "Leaner'. I was thinking it would lean it a little, not sure - maybe I'm backwards on this idea?

I just can't afford, in my marriage, to buy the kit right now. Not sure if anyone else has that problem? LOL...

Thanks!

Old 05-13-2006, 06:46 PM

I don't like to use them all the time but Dennis Kirk has almost all the pilot and main jets for K carbs.And Schnitz Racing also carries them.