General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

250 Ninja Won't Start, Suspect Electrical Problem?

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2015, 02:08 AM
Default 250 Ninja Won't Start, Suspect Electrical Problem?

Hey guys I have a 2006 Ninja ex250-f and I'm having problems getting it to start. Whenever I engage the clucth and press the starter button to turn the bike on all I get is a clicking noise coming from my starter solenoid-relay.

This is my first bike and I've tried everything I could think of to repair it myself like change the battery (multiple times), check the fuses, made sure all my connections were tight, check the spark plug, checked my wires, I've tried jumping it, and had my starter motor checked by local shop to see if it's good ( it is), and even replaced my old starter solenoid relay with a brand new one.

So I've run out of ideas and it's been months since I could ride so was hoping anyone with more experience with these bikes or has had this problem before could help me out.

Please and thank you guys.

Old 10-14-2022, 01:23 AM

Originally Posted by C_RICH
Hey guys I have a 2006 Ninja ex250-f and I'm having problems getting it to start. Whenever I engage the clucth and press the starter button to turn the bike on all I get is a clicking noise coming from my starter solenoid-relay.

This is my first bike and I've tried everything I could think of to repair it myself like change the battery (multiple times), check the fuses, made sure all my connections were tight, check the spark plug, checked my wires, I've tried jumping it, and had my starter motor checked by local shop to see if it's good ( it is), and even replaced my old starter solenoid relay with a brand new one.

So I've run out of ideas and it's been months since I could ride so was hoping anyone with more experience with these bikes or has had this problem before could help me out.

Please and thank you guys.
I'm having the same problem did same things still can't get bike to start help please