General Motorcycle Discussion Have some questions or information about riding that is not tech? Here you go!

20New Rider--'09 Ninja 250 Stalling and cracked frame!!! HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2009, 02:02 PM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

ooops sonic is right. did you get hurt?

of course when i crash automaticly first reaction is check the bike...lol wich is what we did. sorry chica
Originally Posted by S0NIC
we've been so worried about the bike... are you ok?

Old 05-21-2009, 01:55 AM
Red face oh sheesh

Hey guys,

Ya, I'm all right. I'm such a fuggin idiot; so, the frame's not cracked, just the fairing...the left signal light piece is shoved inward. My friends say it's not noticeable unless you look for it..

I'm so mad about the frame sliders. My bf ordered them and they were in the mail when i dumped it. Oh well! I can always get them put on.

I did have a stalling problem the other day. It was a little chilly... my bike started fine with the choke halfway on. It ran for like 2 mins and then it shut off..SO I restarted it, and it kept on stalling, repeatedly...The engine flooded, and I had to drive my car to work after getting all my gear on..bummer!

I had to have someone show me how to open teh throttle THEN start it

Is this a common problem among Ninjas? Bikes in general?? Anybody have any input?

Old 05-21-2009, 01:58 AM

Originally Posted by williamr
It's the easing of the clutch. You need to ease it out until you feel the bite point, then add a little throttle. It takes practise.

Fit the sliders now to prevent more damage, but don't bother fixing the cracked plastic until you've learned to ride the bike.

The MSF course is heavy on basic control skills and will get you started. Make sure that you do the course, even if an experienced rider offers to teach you instead. Many experienced riders still teach the wrong things, and many more just don't know how to teach. The MSF course is light on traffic and road skills though, so don't expect it to turn you into an experienced rider. Time will do that.

Rob

Thanks dude,
Ya, that's all good advice. I don't think I have the time nor the money right now to fix the fairing anyway. Plus, it really isn't THAT bad. I think it's just more noticeable to me, since I did it.

About the MSF course, I took it in Sept, and it's a really great course! I feel like I forgot some stuff, plus they don't really take you out onto hte real road with real-life distractions, so I am practicing a lot.

The weather's been kinda scheissty, but it's getting nicer out! Hopefully you're enjoying your bike!

Old 05-21-2009, 03:19 PM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

good to hear ur back in the saddle chica! keep us posted

Old 05-25-2009, 10:49 PM
Wink

Originally Posted by Zbike
First off welcome Have you taken the MSF rider course? Sounds like you need to practice pulling out.

As for the frame cracking, I cannot imagine that is the problem. Just dropping a bike should not crack it. The bodywork, however, will crack. I would hold off fixing until you get more riding in.

Thanks. I WOULD practice pulling out more, but I'm a chic. Haha. Anyway, Ya, I've been practicing and feel more comfortable. Someone who rode it, who's quite experienced said it could be a carburator thing...I don't know much bout those. I think I'll get it checked out when I get my frame sliders on.

thanks guys

Old 05-26-2009, 01:41 PM
1st Gear Member

Bienvenidos. Glad to hear everything's alright

Old 05-26-2009, 07:14 PM
1st Gear Member

The carb flooding is really a carb thing. Back in the days when cars had carbs, it was not too hard to flood one. And you are right, guys really have to practice pulling out. Girls are not equipped for that problem

The carb could have a stuck float. Let us know how its going and if there are any problems