General Motorcycle Discussion Have some questions or information about riding that is not tech? Here you go!

20New Rider--'09 Ninja 250 Stalling and cracked frame!!! HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2009, 07:05 PM
Unhappy 20New Rider--'09 Ninja 250 Stalling and cracked frame!!! HELP!

Hello,

I'm new to this whole sport bike riding experience and this forum, too!

I have a few questions, and I'm hoping somebody can answer...

1. It seems that when my new bike stalls sometimes when going from stop to start. For example, when I was stopped at a hill, I wanted to start, eased the clutch out and pulled on the throttle, but then my bike stalled for seemingly no reason. Was it because I rolled on the throttle a bit too hard??

I know it's not the easing out of the clutch...I stalled like 5 times before the bike actually went without stalling...

2. I dumped my bike before I got it lowered...already!!
The left panel/frame is cracked because it fell on the left turn signal piece, which pushed it inside and cracked the frame. How much is that to fix??

ALSO, my boyfriend got me frame sliders, but now that I'm wondering if I should get the frame fixed and THEN get the frame sliders on...or, would the sliders be ok with the left turn signal piece pushed in??

Please let me know what you guys think. any sort of feed back would be appreciated!! Thanks!

Last edited by AznChica119; 05-02-2009 at 07:07 PM.
Old 05-03-2009, 04:53 AM
1st Gear Member

First off welcome Have you taken the MSF rider course? Sounds like you need to practice pulling out.

As for the frame cracking, I cannot imagine that is the problem. Just dropping a bike should not crack it. The bodywork, however, will crack. I would hold off fixing until you get more riding in.

Old 05-03-2009, 03:07 PM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

hahaha, welcome to KF. yes, the body work will crack on a tip over and not the frame. It is all good, but as mentioned, gear up and get things sorted out. Plastics are cheaper than bones. The stalling issue? What does your boyfriend say when he rides it?

Old 05-04-2009, 01:59 PM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

welcome to KF. got pics?

i learned this a long time ago....lol
Originally Posted by Zbike
First off Sounds like you need to practice pulling out.

Old 05-04-2009, 05:21 PM
1st Gear Member

welcome to kf... i'm with the guys up top, 100% sure you didnt crack the frame unless you dumped it off a cliff. plastics are replaced easily but wait for more experience it will happen again. and other problem sounds like clutch control... on hills you have to be more aggressive with your clutch and throttle work, otherwise your going to lurch forward/stall and neither is fun.

Old 05-04-2009, 05:24 PM
1st Gear Member

It's the easing of the clutch. You need to ease it out until you feel the bite point, then add a little throttle. It takes practise.

Fit the sliders now to prevent more damage, but don't bother fixing the cracked plastic until you've learned to ride the bike.

The MSF course is heavy on basic control skills and will get you started. Make sure that you do the course, even if an experienced rider offers to teach you instead. Many experienced riders still teach the wrong things, and many more just don't know how to teach. The MSF course is light on traffic and road skills though, so don't expect it to turn you into an experienced rider. Time will do that.

Rob

Last edited by williamr; 05-04-2009 at 06:07 PM.
Old 05-04-2009, 08:02 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by hoedogg
i learned this a long time ago....lol
Dangit!! I REALLY need to proof read better

Old 05-04-2009, 09:18 PM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

lol don't leave urself open like that...lol

Old 05-05-2009, 12:11 AM
1st Gear Member

i agree with all the previous statements as well. congrats on the bike and welcome to the forum. there are a ton of guys and girls here who have experienced alot over their riding careers and are very helpful. take care, and always wear your gear.

Old 05-05-2009, 12:53 PM
1st Gear Member

we've been so worried about the bike... are you ok?

Quick Reply: 20New Rider--'09 Ninja 250 Stalling and cracked frame!!! HELP!