General Motorcycle Discussion Have some questions or information about riding that is not tech? Here you go!

2007 Ninja 650 Streetfighter build

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2016, 06:07 PM
Default 2007 Ninja 650 Streetfighter build

Hey everyone my name is Sean and first off I wanted to say thank you for all the information I've gotten from this site I've been looking for years but just joined. I've owned about five Kawasaki's in my life but my most current one is a Blue 2007 650. About a month ago I had a low side while going around the curve and hit a patch of gravel. The bike was pretty badly damaged cosmetically but the engine is fine and it runs perfect. The damage that I had was a broken front brake lever the right side foot peg and brake lever Snapped off and basically all of the side fairings were trashed and the sub frame that the headlight is mounted onto is bent.

I recently decided that I want to turn it into a streetfighter and although it might not look that great at least it will be rideable I joined here because I really wanted to ask for some help and opinions on how to do some certain things. Firstly is the single round headlight I'm going to use to replace the stock headlight... has anyone done this? And is the wiring fairly straightforward? I don't understand how you can convert a low beam and highbeam into a single headlight. I understand the concept of the dual filament but I don't understand the wiring aspect. Also I will post two pictures of the two headlights I'm deciding between any opinions would be greatly appreciated.

Secondly, does anyone have any ideas for replacing the stock coolant tank it's a very big eyesore when you turn a bike into a streetfighter I'm completely lost and have not found any alternatives online.

I don't want to ask too many questions so lastly I just wanted to ask if anyone has had any experience with dime city cycles? I was recommended them by a fellow writer and they have a website with literally tons of parts that would be good for building a streetfighter up until I found their website the only options I found for a headlight were nearly $400 high-end models and cheap eBay plastic models for 20 bucks but this website has quite a few nice units for anywhere from $50 to over 100 . One of them is 6 1/4 inches around and is $50 and the other is 85 and 7 inches around I'm really torn between which one I like better or if anyone has any better alternatives I'm open to that as well

thanks for any and all input and I really appreciate all the information that I've gotten from this website over the years I hope I can become a good member and help others as well I will post pictures of my bike and also of the headlights that I'm considering thanks!!! Also. If it would help anyone to know I now have all the fairings off and the headlight is removed thanks. I can post pictures of what the bike looks like now if anyone wants to see.

Attached Thumbnails 2007 Ninja 650 Streetfighter build-img_0424.jpg   2007 Ninja 650 Streetfighter build-img_0422.jpg   2007 Ninja 650 Streetfighter build-img_0517.jpg   2007 Ninja 650 Streetfighter build-img_0518.png  

Last edited by Sean112790; 11-30-2016 at 06:11 PM.