Detailing Discuss detailing your ride within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

'07 Mean Streak 1600 Turn Signal Mods

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2010, 11:08 PM
Default '07 Mean Streak 1600 Turn Signal Mods

I'm new to this forum and I got on here because I was looking for some input on some turn signal mods I'd like to my '07 Mean Streak. See, I recently had a little run in with a deer....the bike is ok, kept it up right, but the deer bashed my shin and took off my right rear turn signal. I was just going to mount some after market lights on the turn signal/license plate mount, but I've some some other ideas. I've never really liked the big plastic plate/signal mount or the big signals, so I'm thinking that's gonna go. I'd like to put some strip LED turn signals on the fender on either side of the tail light and get another smaller bracket for the plate. I'd also like to take off the front signals and hopefully find some new sleeker looking mirrors with LED's on the front for the front signals. I've done some looking on bike bandits and a few other sights, but not really coming across much that looks like what I want to do. Any help or ideas from work anybody has done would be much appreciated.

Old 10-07-2010, 04:22 PM
Super Moderator
1st Gear Member

Welcome to the forums, Mean. First, I'd click on our site sponsor links (Vendor Directory) and chat up with them to see what's available. If they can't help, check the aftermarket catalogs; Dennis Kirk, Ron Ayres, Iron Pony, etc., for ideas.
Sorry to hear about the deer. Sounds like it prompted some creativity, though, so maybe not all bad news?
Post up some pics. Keep us in the loop.
Be careful out there. Gear up; stay safe.