Help needed please!

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2012, 03:59 PM
Question Help needed please!

Hi guys, new to this forum things so please bear with me while i learn lol!
I have had a vn1500 vulcan for a number of years now and i took it off the road about 7 years ago due to ill health and now i am able to get her back on the road! The problem is, just before i took her off the road i got an aftermarket alarm/immobiliser fitted and over the years, with 5 house moves, the remote for the alarm has become "misplaced"! The immobiliser seems stuck on and now the ignition will come on but when pushing the magic start button there is nothing. Needless to say, the documentation for the alarm was thrown out many years ago and there is no branding or markings on the unit, i am sure you can now start to see my problem lol!! Does anyone know if i can simply cut the wires or will i have to try and get some one with a more proffessional set of tools etc other than my trusty wire cutters to come and help bypass the offending article?!
Many thanks for reading my life story and hopefully someone will be able to come up with a few ideas!!

Old 08-12-2012, 04:44 PM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

Welcome to KF aritchie71

Go back to the basics of your service manual and follow it. That way you can dissable the add on alarm.

Old 08-13-2012, 07:39 PM

Hi there, thanks for the welcome!
I don't have a service manual for the bike, i bought it second hand and the last owner did not have any docs for the bike other than the V5 and MOT, can you possibly point me to anywhere online that i may be able to find a downloadable copy or would anyone on here be willing to possibly scan their one and email the file to me?!
That is a HUGE ask but it would be great if i could get this thing bypassed so that i can get back on the road again, it's been way too long since i last rode my bike and i am getting very impatient now haha!

Regards,

Andy.

Old 08-13-2012, 07:56 PM
Super Moderator
1st Gear Member

tomasko21 had a similar issue with an immobilizer. He posted a link to a wiring diagram. Don't know if this would be of any help:

http://www.keepandshare.com/doc/1372...0k?da=y&dnad=y

Is there a manufacturer listed on the unit? Maybe go to their (hopefully) website and see what you can find?

Sounds to me like those immobilizers do a great job.........of keeping owners from riding their bikes!!

Old 09-29-2015, 05:22 AM
Default Recall Oil Pump

Hi I'm new here and would like to ask the forum a question. I saw an add on craigs list that stated Kawasaki's before the year 2000 have plastic oil pump gears and stop producing pressure and that burns up the motor? Has any one found this to be true. I own a 98 Kaw Vulcan Classic and it has 28,000 plus and I don't see any problems yet, the oil light does not come on. Let me know if any of you have had this problem or have heard of others that have. Thanks.